Monday, December 10, 2012

What's Wrong With The Doll?


One of my favorite Holiday specials when I was a child is Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and it still is to this day. For the many years I have watched the show, I have always asked myself the same question. What was wrong with the doll? Everyone on the Island Of Misfit toys had an obvious thing that made them a misfit, but the doll remained a mystery.

There have been several theories about the toy in question and here are a few of them:

*  The doll had no underwear.

*  Her feet were smelly

*  She could not compete to that infamous Talky Tina from Twilight Zone fame.

*  She had no nose.

*  She had a much seedier side to herself that I cannot reveal on this site because I am   trying to keep it G-rated.

After many years of pondering the many possibilities, I discovered a few years ago that her problem was psychological in nature. According to producer Arthur Rankin Jr. of Rankin/Bass, Dolly was abandoned by her mistress and suffered from depression as a result of being unloved.

Poor thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment